Friday 23 April 2010

Meet our Upper Intermediate English students


This month we will be hearing from teacher Felicity's Upper-Intermediate English class. First let's find out a bit about them:

Esteban
I'm from Quito in Ecuador. Studying English in London has been a great experience so far; you can meet people from all over the world and learn about their cultures, traditions and also practise English with them.

My hobbies are playing football, playing the guitar and also watching movies. I'm going to be here for 4 months and I hope to improve my English in this time, but also make a lot of friends and travel with them around the United Kingdom.

Cheers!

Noritomo
My name is Noritomo Hato. I was born in Kobe. I lived in Takatsuki (near Kyoto, Osaka) before London. I work for a university, I am an administrator. My university was founded about 140 years ago, now it's the fifth largest university in Japan. Travelling is something I enjoy doing, I travel whenever I have the chance. So far I've been to about 90 countries, in the future I'd like to visit more than 100 countries and Antarctica.

Thanapong
University. I have been living in London since August last year. I've got a conditional offer for an MA in Graphic Branding and Identity at London College of Communication. I would have been a freshman this year, unfortunately, I didn't pass the Hi, my name is Thanapong Hariratseree. I'm from Thailand. I am 26 years old. My nickname is Ka-Hnoon which means jack fruit. I graduated from the Faculty of Architecture at SilpakornIELTs exam so I have to improve my English more.

So Yeon
Hi~ I'm So Yeon! I come from Korea which is famous for Kim-chi. The reason i came to England is to learn the British accent and improve my speaking. In Korea, when parents name their babies, each word has a special meaning like in Chinese. The meaning of my name is a bright swallow. Koreans believe that swallows bring good luck to people so I want to be like a bright swallow flying happily in the sky even the weather is bad. I wish you good luck for the future.

Sam (Sang Min)
Hi, I'm Sam! I'm from South Korea. I studied law and management in my country and I have to finish them from September. I came to study English here, especially communication skills. I've been here since January 2010 and I'll go back to Korea in June 2010. I hope to experience something special in London. My hobbies are going swimming and ice skating. There are five people in my family, my parents, elder sister, younger brother and me. I'd like to continue having a good time here in London. Thank you!

Cibele
My name is Cibele and I`m from Brazil. I`m 36 years old and I have 3 daughters. It`s the second time that I`m studying English at International House. I miss my daughters a lot but I need to improve my English for my job.

Jaeho Ryu
I`m 23 years old and I`m from South Korea. I studied English Literature and Business at university. Now I`m studying English at IH London. I hope I will be able to speak fluent English when I finish this course. If I can, it would be really useful and it would help me to find a good job. I like watching football games, chilling out with friends at the Pub and travelling. My course is going to finish in November. After my course has finished, I want to travel around Europe.

Salim
Hi!My name is Salim and I'm from Kazakhstan. I'm married and I've got two children. We have just moved to London and decided to study here. I used to have a business in the org mining field back home and recently made the decision to take two years off. After studying at IH I hope that I'll be able to do an MBA course. It is a really amazing opportunity to study in London and spend time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment