Wednesday 10 February 2010

Questions and Answers

This week we have been learning about question forms. We have been practising question words, auxiliaries and infinitive verbs. Below are some examples of the questions students have written, asked and answered:

1. What's your favourite web site?

Marcela said: "My favourite website is Facebook because I can share with my friends and keep in touch with them".

Fatma said: "My favourite website is ihlondon.blogspot.com because I want to continue improving my English and have the opportunity to know how my class is advancing".

2. What's your favourite film?

Imer and Majed said: "I like action and comedy films because they have good storylines".

Annie said: "I like romantic films and Amercian TV series".

Pin-I said: "I like documentary and funny films because I find them interesting, they help to reduce stress".

3. What's your favourite place in London?

Majed said: "My favourite place in London is Harrods department store because I can find a lot of things there".

Annie said: "My favourite place in London is Covent Garden for the small shops and architecture and the theatres".

Pin-I said: "My favourite place is the outlet store in north London. There are beautiful, cheap and high quality clothes, shoes and famous products there".

4. What would you like to do in the future?

Marcela said: "I would like to work with my father in his company, and I would like to get married and have children".

Fatma said: "I would like to work with women in my country (Western Sahara) to improve their development, and for them to have more active, political and economical participation".

Hyeli said: "I would like to go and study art at university in London so I will study English at SOAS when I finish at IH. I have to pass an exam and make a portfolio before entering university".

5. What is your favourite food?

Anam said: "My favourite foods are spicy foods, especially Tom Yom Gum which is a spicy soup from Thailand".

Chiara said: "My favourite food is tiramisu, it is an Italian dessert".

6. What are you going to do when you finish your English course?

Khalid said: "I would like to go back to my country and study at university".

Hamza said: "I would like to study at university in London".

JL said: "I will start a postgraduate course in London or Korea".

Maria said: "I would like to go back to my country and live in the place where I was born".

7. Why are you studying English?

Khalid said: "Because it is a very important language in the world and it can help me at university".

Hamza said: "Because I want to study at university in the UK so I need English skills".

JL said: "Because I want to study at university in England so I need English skills".

Maria said: "Because it is very important to improve my English. I like to talk with English people".

Signed, the class of Lower Intermediate A (room 302)

No comments:

Post a Comment